1) Cheltenham’s Wilson Museum – local history displays tucked away behind all the boring stuff.
2) Eggsperience Easter at Gloucester Cathedral – an egg hunt around the stunning cathedral building from Sat 31st March to Sun 15th April.
3) Visit dinosaurs in Oxford at the Oxford Museum of Natural History. Also linked to the wonderful Pitt Rivers Museum.
4) Cheltenham libraries – all have children’s sections where you can happily while away a hour.
6) Pittville Park – my favourite local park! Wonderful play area (although, it can get quite busy in holidays!) Lake to feed the ducks and cafes.
7) The House of the Tailor in Gloucester – Beatrix Potter museum and shop. I’ve never been but just looked it up and it looks amazing and I want to go!
8) A trip to Pets at Home to see the fish and pets! Better still, adopt a pet..that will keep them busy!
9) The Forest of Dean – Fantastic walks, bike trails and picnic areas in a beautiful ancient woodland.
10) Stroud’s Museum in the Park – again I haven’t been but plan to go as it’s free and they have dinosaur bones!
11) Bourton-on-the-Water – although there are lots of paid for attractions, you can also just walk around the river and feed the ducks. www.bourtoninfo.com/
Of course, some of them require the cost of petrol and parking!)