In need of some inspiration this half-term but monthly funds coming to an end? Here are some ideas for free places to go in Cheltenham and around..
2) Go for an easy walk – see my earlier blog for great local short walks with children.
4) Visit the House of the Tailor of Gloucester – museum and shop dedicated to all things Beatrix Potter and in particular, her famous Gloucester story. A wonderfully quaint museum and near to the Cathedral which is also free and great to have a look around.
5) Go to the library – closed on Bank Holiday Monday but open for the rest of the week – check times.
7) Watch Tetbury Woolsack Races – Competitors must race with heavy sacks of wool. The fun day out on Bank Holiday Monday includes street entertainment and stalls and will be opened by BBC Countryfile’s Ellie Harrison.
8) Watch the Cheese-rolling at Cooper’s Hill – those who are mad enough to take part, chase a wheel of Double Gloucester down the very steep hill on Bank Holiday Monday.
9) Visit Pittville Park
Great playgrounds and walks around the lake.
10) Go along to Cotswold Festival of Steam – in celebration of the new Broadway Station opening, there will be a number of trains running but also free activities/displays at Toddington, Gotherington and Winchcombe stations. They also have great spots for picnics while you can watch the trains go by.