Got any plans this weekend? Here is a list of things to do in the Cotswolds (and a bit beyond!) with kids if you’re around and about:
1) Visit Rococo Gardens – Explore the beautiful gardens and complete ‘The Garden of Lost Things’ trail.
2) Visit Batsford Arboretum – Enjoy the amazing arboretum and kids can take part in ‘The Big Batsford Bug Hunt.’
3) Go to a kid-friendly Beer & Cider Festival at The Royal in Charlton Kings. It all starts at 1pm on Sunday 26th with live music and other events. It continues on Monday with an appearance from The Music Man.
4) Go to The Royal Oak, Prestbury Cider and Cheese Festival. It starts on Friday 24th at noon.
5) Watch Bourton ‘Football in the River’ on Monday 27 August 2018. A fete will be held from 11am, with the football match kicking-off at 4pm.
6) Visit Gloucester Stone Carving Festival at Llanthony Secunda Priory – 20 stonemasons will carve magical, mythical creatures out of Cotswold limestone. All weekend from 10am to 5pm.
7) Find the giant Lego brick animals at Slimbridge Wetland Centre until Sun 23rd Sept. This year includes new models and workshops.
8) Go along to the Winchcombe Country Show on Bank Holiday Monday. Fun promised for all the family with a flower show, entertainment, dog demonstrations and local foods.
9) Enjoy a ‘Tree Games Family Event’ at Westonbirt Arboretum. Join in playing games inspired by trees and create your very own game to take home! Kids get in free to Westonbirt Arboretum until 2 September.