If you’re like me, you have mixed feeling about September. I look forward to more of a ‘routine’ but perhaps mourn the loss of time with the family.
However, September is the best month in my opinion: it’s still sunny but with those lovely crisp autumn mornings and there are lots of things to do out and about. Such as:
1) To Tuesday 4th Sept: See a rare flowering of a tree for the first time ever at Batsford Arboretum The 25-year-old specimen of ‘Emmenopterys henryi’ a highly rare tree originating from China, has come into flower for the first time at the Arboretum, and only the 6th time ever in the UK for the species.
2) To 31st Oct: Autumn Trail at Sudeley Castle As the seasons change and shades of orange, yellow and red colour the countryside, autumn is the perfect opportunity to enjoy the beautiful garden.
3) Sat 8th and Sun 9th Sept: Cheltenham Paint Festival featuring artwork from national and international street artists. Workshops and more.
4) Sat 8th Sept: Autumn Fayre at Leckhampton Court Hospice. Spend a day in the historic grounds. Including family-fun with face painting and a BBQ.
5) Sun 9th Sept: Classic Vehicle Day at GSWR – Toddington Station. Combine the scene of historic road transport with a backdrop of vintage trains and you have a very special day out.
6) Sat 15th and Sun 16th Sept: Day Out With Thomas at GSWR. See the famous Thomas and meet the Fat Controller along with other fun activities.
7) Sat 22nd Sept: Cheltenham Animal Shelter Open Day. Complete with prizes, family fun and entertainment…
8) Sat 29th – Sun 30th Sept: Cotswold Airport Revival Festival Both days will be packed full of dramatic re-enactments and demonstrations; thrilling vintage air fly-ins; exciting rides and experience flights; hundreds of vintage and military vehicles; full size and miniature steam engines; and plenty of entertainment including period live music.
9) Sat 29th – Sun 30th Sept: Malvern Autumn Show – The increasingly kid-friendly show includes, giant vegetables, talks, stalls, tasting and much more!
10) Sun 30th Sept: Friends of Naunton Park Autumn Fair and Fun Dog Show. Fun for all the family!