It’s October! How did that happen..? Anyhow, the weather is still quite nice so why not get out and about for a nice walk or go along to one of the events listed below:
1) Sun 7th – Forest Showcase Food Festival at The Speech House Hotel, Forest of Dean. Food and drinks festival which includes family-friendly entertainment and activities including a circus skills workshop.
2) Sun 7th – Longfield Bubble Rush. A fun run with a difference – as you run, jog, walk or toddle around the 5k course, you will be covered in lots and lots of bubbles!
3) Fri 5th to Sun 14th – Cheltenham Literature Festival – the famous autumn event includes loads of family friendly talks and activities. There are also free events aimed at kids.
4) Thurs 18th to Wed 31st – Halloween Land at Cotswold Farm Park. Pick your own pumpkin and decorate it, walk through the woodland hunting for creepy critters and enjoy a Witches and Wizards ‘Phantomime.’
5) Sat 20th – Sun 21st – Family Autumn Festival at Rococo Garden. A celebration of everything harvest, including apple juicing, heritage produce displays, tastings, an autumn trail and a chance to bake an apple on an open fire. You can also do ‘Apple Juicing’ with your own apples – advance booking essential.
6) Sat/Sun 21-22nd – Cotswold Food and Drink Fayre at Toddington Station. Cotswolds and regional food – 40 exhibitors. Stream trains running all weekend.
7) Sun 21st to Wed 24th – ‘Spooktacular’ at Berkeley Castle. Creep down into the cellars and meet a coven of witches and some wizards. Snap a magical selfie with a wizard and his spectacular owls in the Great Hall. Cosy up and enjoy spooky stories from Cassandra, the friendly witch.
8) Wed 24th – Halloween Children’s Wednesday at Sudeley Castle. Unravel gruesome secrets of bone boxes, get devilishly crafty with arts and crafts activities inspired by skeletons and bones. Also the Autumn Trail in the castle grounds until 31st.
9) Thurs 11th and Tues 23rd – Batsford Forest School for Tots. A chance for pre-schoolers to engage with nature and explore the newly established Forest School site.
10) Throughout October – Autumn Colour at Westonburt Aboretum. Seasonal trails with short and long walks.