We love the build up to Christmas and if you want to get planning, here is a list of events we would recommend in the coming weeks:
1) From Thursday 22nd November – Cheltenham’s Christmas Market. Housed in wooden chalets which create a sense of magic and wonder under the Christmas lights on the Promenade. It runs until 15th December and features 40 stalls selling a wide range of Christmas gifts, crafts, food and drink in a unique atmosphere.
2) From Saturday 24th November – Winter Wonderland at The Bird and Deer Park, Prinknash. See Santa, Magical Christmas Illuminations after dusk.
3) From Saturday 24th November – Cotswold Farm Park – Meet Father Christmas and his elves at Cotswold Farm Park.
4) Sunday 25th November 10am – 4pm – Christmas Shopping Fair at Cheltenham College. Over 70 stall holders.
6) 1st – 23rd December – 4.00pm – 9.00pm – Enchanted Christmas at Westonbirt. Set out on the illuminated trail and discover a magical world of breath-taking light spectacles and interactive displays amongst the trees! Once you’ve finished the trail, head to the new Christmas village.
7) From Saturday 1st December – Batsford Arboretum – The Big Batsford Elf Hunt and Father Christmas on the weekend of Sat/Sun 8/9th Dec.
8) From Saturday 8th December – Santa Steam Specials – From Cheltenham Racecourse Station by steam train all the way to Winchcombe (or the North Pole!) through the long tunnel, and visit Santa and his elves in his grotto.
9) From Saturday 8 December on selected evenings – Sudeley Castle Spectacle of Light Experience a beautiful new illuminated trail. Follow the White Rabbit and discover some of the amazing characters from Alice in Wonderland. Marvel at the glorious Field of Poppies, Meteors, Moroccan Lanterns and much more!
10) From Saturday 8th December – Santa Specials at Dean Forest Railway – your chance to ride behind a real steam engine with Santa and his helpers on board – no queues for a grotto! Each child will receive an age-related gift and each adult will receive a mince pie and a miniature to help keep warm!