1) Friday and Sat 11/12th January, all day – The weird and wonderful Stroud Wassail (Wassail is from an old term meaning ‘good-health’) includes dancing with ‘mummers’ music and street performances.
2) Sunday 13th January, 11am – Rubber Duck Race in Pittville Park. A family fun day is planned to raise money for Sue Ryder Leckhampton Court Hospice. You can sponsor a duck and take part in other activities.
3) Every day – Visit The Wilson Museum, Cheltenham. Fantastic Wow Gallery with interactive exhibits and a very interesting walk-through for both children and adults.
4) Every day – Gloucester Cathedral – Awe-inspiring cathedral with Harry Potter connections and interesting historical facts to find out about. Spooky passages and nooks and crannies to explore!
5) Every day – The House of the Tailor of Gloucester – museum and shop near to Gloucester Cathedral. You can even experience the Beatrix Potter story told by an old man who looks like the tailor every Tuesday! You can also book this experience for small groups or parties.
6) Selected Days – The Jet Age Museum. A celebration of Gloucestershire’s rich aviation heritage from the early days of flight, through the birth of the Jet Age to the present. Open from 10am to 4pm on Saturdays, Sundays, the majority of UK Bank Holidays and selected Wednesdays during Schools’ holiday periods.
7) Friday 22nd February to Sunday 24th Feb – Gloucester Folk Trail – Folk musicians from around the county will congregate in Gloucester for the second Gloucester Folk Trail. Venues across the city host traditional and contemporary folk acts for a weekend of free live performances. This event will also include poetry, talks and traditional craft.
8) Every day – Visit Broadway Playground – a great playground full of equipment that is never crowded, especially not in the winter! Combine with a wander around Broadway or up to the tower if you’re feeling fit.
9) Every day – Go on a family walk – There are so many lovely short walks in the Cotswolds. I’ve linked the ones we like here
10 ) Every day – go on a bike ride at ‘Cheltenham BMX and Pump Track’ located in Burrow Fields, Leckhampton. Designed to be enjoyed by all abilities from beginners to elite on all bikes. Car parking available at Moorend Grove which allows level access onto the field.